Thursday, July 2, 2009

we gove there

No we didn't, we flew there, but i had to slip that into my header somehow!!! hmmm.... songs for nhulunbuy....on the wings of a gove.... i'm not in gove...
and i gove her

I've just been to Nhulunbuy.

Ate at the Walkabout Lodge restaurant two nites running - it was really nothing special. The first nite I had chicken with wasabi butter on a thai salad. Even though the chicken was pretty nice, there was nil evidence of wasabi and the thai salad seemed to consist of mostly western salady type things. Second nite I had pesto encrusted lamb with market vegetables, which i think should translate to vaguely pesto-ey tasting lamb with a lot of fat but cooked very nicely, with some yucky old veges i bought down the local Woolies and didn't bother to cook very well (am i sounding negatory yet?). Had coffee (twice) at Munch'n'Crunch. Hard to trust a cafe with that many apostrophes in its name *frowning* Nothing to report there either apart from lots of preparation and elaborate pouring-milk-off-the-back-of-a-spoon type business. Had a coffee at the three C's cafe, which would be my pick of the bunch.

Gove - I gove in.

3 comments:

  1. I would have called it 'I Gove all night (just to get to you)'.

    Anyhoo. I went to the 3 C's and agreed, it was ok. I had a really nice piece of pizza for lunch.

    Apparently the bakery across the road is pretty good too - although they were out of sausage rolls which made me purse my lips.

    The resturant at the East Arnhem Club - mucka...manna...something is really yummy. Not the sort of resturant you'd expect to find in such a little place. A bit spensy, but hell - you're in Nhulunbuy! Also it had a beautiful view of the ocean - not that I could see it at night.

    Went to the Surf Club for dinner - that was a bit special. The most spectacular view you could ever hope for, DIY hamburgers, and fairy lights. Not unlike the Ski Club in Darwin, except a 1000x times more beautiful and with good food to boot.

    Finally! If you go to the Walkabout Lodge, go out beyond the pool - there's a big frangipani tree and the staff don't mind if you lie under it on the banana lounge (which you dragged from beside the afore mentioned pool). They'll even bring you cocktails out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly sure you are supposed to drink in these parts, NOT EAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't drink, but suspect that i might need to if i want to keep on living here!!!

    ReplyDelete